Shortlist announced for Outstanding Achievement in Scotch Whisky
Five stars of the Scotch whisky industry have been shortlisted for the IWSC’s final achievement award: The Outstanding Achievement in the Scotch Whisky Industry Trophy.
The five shortlisted nominees were all nominated by their peers for their outstanding contributions to the industry:
- Colin Dunn, Diageo/Reserve Brands whisky ambassador
- Kenneth Grier, The Macallan creative director
- Stephanie Macleod, John Dewar & Sons Ltd master blender
- Stephen Notman, whisky consultant, judge, and founder of WhiskyL!
- Sukhinder Singh, co-founder and co-owner of Elixir House Group
The award, which was last year presented to Diageo’s head of whisky outreach Dr Nick Morgan, recognises individuals who have achieved excellence within the field of Scotch whisky, influencing the development of the industry internationally.
The winner, who will be announced at the IWSC Awards Banquet next month, was praised by judges for being “smart, shrewd, and so passionate about whisky”.
Like the IWSC Facebook page to tune in to the livestream on 14 November, and find out who will receive this prestigious award.