Terms and Conditions
1. Definitions and Interpretation
1.1 In these Terms and Conditions unless the context otherwise permits, the following words shall have the following meaning:-
‘Agent’ shall mean an appointed forwarding agent of IWSC as detailed in the Entry Brochure.
‘Business Days’ shall mean a day (other than a Saturday or a Sunday) when banks in London are open for business.
‘Classes’ shall mean Trophy, Gold, Gold Outstanding, Silver, Silver Outstanding or Bronze.
‘Competition’ shall mean the annual International Wine and Spirit Competition held by International Wine and Spirit Competition Limited.
‘Data’ shall mean all information recorded upon the Entry Form by the Entrant.
‘Depot’ shall mean the Agent’s Depot local to the Entrant as detailed in the Entry Brochure.
‘Entrant’ shall mean the producer/ importer/retailer of the Entry.
‘Entry/Entries’ shall mean the Wines and Spirits entered into the Competition by the Entrant.
‘Entry Brochure’ shall mean the annual entry brochure produced by IWSC and included on the Website and in the Entry Pack.
‘Entry Pack’ shall mean the Entry Brochure, the Entry Form, and T&Cs. ‘
’IWSC’ shall mean International Wines and Spirit Competition Limited.
‘IWSC Cellars’ shall mean 17 Dunsfold Park, Stovold’s Hill, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU6 8TB.
‘IWSC’s Bank Account’ shall mean the bank account held by IWSC details of which are contained in the Entry Form.
‘Legal Information’ (for Entries produced in the EU) shall mean the information required to be included upon labels for wines and spirits in conformity with EU Legislation.
‘Legal Information’ (for Entries produced outside the EU) shall mean the name and address of the producer, the alcohol content, the volume and the contents of the Entry.
‘Marketing Strategy’ shall mean IWSC’s marketing and advertising strategy from time to time.
‘IWSC Group’ shall mean IWSC Group Limited of Building 17, Dunsfold Park, Stovolds Hill, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU6 8TB (company registration number 6795023) and its subsidiaries.
‘T&Cs’ shall mean these Terms and Conditions.
‘Website’ shall mean www.iwsc.net.
‘Winners Marketing Package’ shall mean the separate package which can be purchased by Competition winners from IWSC.
1.2 The section headings are included for convenience only, and have no legal effect.
1.3 References to sections are references to sections of these T&Cs.
1.4 Words importing the singular include the plural and vice versa.
1.5 These T&Cs, the Entry Brochure and the Entrant’s completed Entry Form set out the entire agreement between the Entrant and IWSC in respect of the Entrant’s participation in the Competition and in the event of any conflict between them, these T&Cs shall prevail.
1.6 By signing and returning the Entry Form to IWSC, the Entrant agrees to be bound by these T&Cs.
2. Application Process
2.1 The Entrant must enter the Competition by submitting an Entry Form to IWSC, paying the Entry Fee and delivering the Entries to IWSC in accordance with section 5.
2.2 The Entry Form must be completed in writing or on-line by logging onto the Website, and submitted to IWSC by post, email or on-line. It is the Entrant’s responsibility to ensure they obtain confirmation that the emailed Entry Form has been received by IWSC. IWSC will not accept any liability for any undelivered Entry Forms.
2.3 Paper Entry Forms must be sent to IWSC Limited, Entry Department, 17 Dunsfold Park, Stovold’s Hill, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU6 8TB and must be accompanied by the Entry Fee or payment particulars as detailed in section 4.
2.4 The Entrant must retain at least one copy of the Entry Form for the purposes of section 5.7.
3. The Entries
3.1 Entries will only be accepted if they are produced in commercial quantities and are of sound marketable quality from a commercial batch.
3.2 All Entries must be finished and in their final container and sealed with the final seal.
3.3 Temporary labels may be applied to the final container but must include Legal Information and lot numbers.
3.4 Entries must not contain any illegal additives.
3.5 Tank samples will not be accepted as Entries into the Competition.
3.6 In the event that the Entrant is not the producer of the Entries, the Entrant warrants that it has all necessary consents and permissions to enter the Entry into the Competition. The Entrant will indemnify IWSC for any claims which arise as a result of the Entrant submitting an Entry which it does not have the authority to submit.
4.1 Each Entry Form must be accompanied by full payment of the Entry Fee, Credit Card Payment details along with an authority for IWSC to charge the credit card, or a request for an invoice.
4.2 For Entries submitted on-line, the Entry Fee must be paid on-line, by credit card.
4.3 For Entries submitted in writing by post or email, the Entry Fee must be paid by cheque, credit card, banker’s draft or bank transfer in accordance with the payment instructions contained in the Entry Brochure.
4.4 Cheque payments must be in £ sterling, Euros or US Dollars.
4.5 Where an Entrant is unable to make payment of the Entry Fee without an invoice, the Entrant may request an invoice from IWSC. IWSC may decline to accept a request for an invoice.
4.6 Where IWSC decline to accept a request for an invoice the Entrant must make payment of the Entry Fee by one of the payment methods stated in section 4.3.
4.7 Entry Fee payments must clear into IWSC’s Bank Account before the Entry in respect of which the Entry Fee has been paid, will be judged.
4.8 No refund or credit of an Entry Fee will be given in any circumstances, including but not limited to circumstances in which an Entry is disqualified, withdrawn, lost or damaged or does not arrive in time.
5. Delivery, Risk and Title
5.1 It is the Entrant’s responsibility to ensure that the Entries are delivered to IWSC in accordance with the deadlines detailed in the Entry Brochure.
5.2 The Entrant may deliver the Entries directly to IWSC Cellars.
5.3 Alternatively the Entrant may deliver the Entries to the Agent. The Entrant must contact the Agent directly to confirm the Agent’s deadline for delivery of the Entries to the Depot.
5.4 It is the Entrant’s responsibility to ensure they deliver the Entries to the Depot before the Agent’s deadline.
5.5 In the event that the Entrant misses the scheduled shipment by the Agent, the Entrant must contact IWSC’s head office at the telephone number provided in the Entry Brochure prior to making alternative transportation arrangements.
5.6 Four samples of each Entry must be submitted to IWSC direct or to their Agents.
5.7 Each Entry must be accompanied by a copy of the completed Entry Form and the outside of the container containing the Entry must show the company name and address of the Entrant.
5.8 The Entrant will be responsible for all delivery charges, the Agent’s fee, taxes, (save as set out in clause 5.9), customs duty, insurances and storage. All such charges must be paid by the Entrant in advance of receipt of the Entry by IWSC.
5.9 IWSC will pay the UK import VAT in respect of an Entry imported by the Agent
5.10 The Entries will be transported at the Entrant’s risk and it will be the Entrant’s responsibility to arrange adequate insurance. IWSC will not be liable for any loss or damage to the Entries whatsoever whilst the Entries are in the possession of the Entrant, the Agent or at any stage during the delivery process.
5.11 Title in the Entries will pass to IWSC upon receipt of the Entry to IWSC’s Cellars.
5.12 IWSC will not be responsible to the Entrant for any loss or damage to the Entries whatsoever, whilst in IWSC’s possession prior to or during the Competition.
5.13 In the event of loss or damage to the Entry, whilst in the possession of IWSC prior to the Competition, the Entrant will be required to submit a replacement Entry at their own expense.
5.14 Upon completion of the Competition, any unopened Entries will be destroyed or donated to auction houses in favour of charities.
6. The Competition
6.1 Where possible Entries will be judged in the category they have been entered into.
6.2 In the event of insufficient Entries in any particular category, Entries may, at IWSC’s discretion and without reference to the Entrant, be placed in another category.
6.3The judging process will be entirely confidential and no details will be released concerning the judging process and reasoning. No feedback of any nature will be given.
6.4 The judges decisions will be final and will not be open to challenge.
6.5 Entrants will not have any involvement in the appointment of the judges.
7.1 Winning Entrants agree that they will take part in any publicity which is reasonably required by IWSC.
7.2 The names of all winners in all Classes will be published on completion of each Competition.
7.3 Publication will be in accordance with IWSC’s Marketing Strategy.
7.4 Winning Entrants agree that IWSC may publish details and particulars of the winning Entries in all Classes in accordance with its Marketing Strategy.
7.5 Entrants agree that IWSC may photograph and reproduce photographs of Entrants and/or winning Entries. IWSC warrant that they will obtain the necessary permissions and consents for the purposes of reproduction of photographs.
7.6 Entrants agree that they will only use IWSC’s name, logo and Winners Marketing Package to promote specific winning Entries and not to promote their whole range. Only the winning Entries may be promoted as winners of the International Wine and Spirit Competition awards.
7.7 Winning Entrants will cease to use the IWSC name, logo and Winner’s Marketing Package at any time upon 14 days notice from IWSC requiring them to do so.
7.8 Winning Entrants may publicise their award provided the year in which it was won is stated.
7.9 The IWSC logo is the property is IWSC and any unauthorised use, reproduced or alteration is strictly prohibited.
8.1 IWSC may vary these T&Cs at any time without notice to the Entrants. Any revision of these T&Cs will be placed upon the Website without notice to Entrants. In the event that the Entrant does not agree to be bound by any amended T&Cs, they must withdraw from the Competition.
8.2 All Data will be held on databases operated and maintained by IWSC and Nexus. Such data will be used for the purposes of maintaining business contact records, updating Entrants on IWSC’s and Nexus’ activities and for use upon the Website
8.3 Notices shall be in writing and shall be delivered by hand or send by pre-paid first class post to IWSC at their head office address and to the Entrant at the address set out on the Entry Form. A correctly addressed notice sent by pre-paid first class post shall be deemed to have been received two Business Days after posting in the case of a notice sent from an address in the United Kingdom to another address in the United Kingdom and 5 Business Days after posting if sent to or from an address outside of the United Kingdom. Notices shall not be valid if sent by email.
8.4 Any waiver by IWSC of a breach of any of the Entrant’s obligations under these T&Cs shall not amount to a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same obligation or any other obligation under these T&Cs.
8.5 Any breach of these T&Cs will result in the disqualification.
8.6 IWSC reserves the right to cancel the Competition at any stage, and for any reason including circumstances which are outside of IWSC ‘s control.
8.7 In the event of a dispute, IWSC’s decision will be final.
8.8 These T&Cs shall be governed by English law and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- “As a start-up brand you focus hard on achieving credibility and creating awareness. Winning Gold Outstanding and the Mezcal Trophy provided us with a level of credibility and exposure that we simply could not have achieved on our own. The awards helped secure key listings in Harvery Nichols and Selfridges and certainly played a significant part in opening up dialogue with potential U.S importers and ultimately securing one. I thought hard about which competition to enter and what the return on that investment would be. I can say with absolute confidence that the IWSC was worth every penny.”David ShepherdFounder & Director, Corte Vetusto
- “IWSC is a very important competition to us in terms of showing consumers our quality. It's one of the competitions that we definitely enter on a yearly basis.”Ian ChangMaster Blender, Kavalan Distillery
- “Out of all of the awards, the IWSC is probably the most prestigious and most honest awards. You choose your judges very well and they're very good, honest, decent people. They do it for the love of the industry.”Sukhinder SinghMD, The Whisky Exchange
- “The IWSC is a very prestigious competition. The prestige is a great thing to be able to communicate to our customers who have great respect for it.”David PorterOperations & Buying, Lea & Sandeman
- “The IWSC represents everything, without a doubt. There's no better competition in the world where you can judge yourself not just against your countrymen but against the rest of the world.”Andy AndersonWinemaker, Takapoto Estate
- “Fantastic company and fantastic award . . . In the wine industry, having an award like this is such an accolade.”Claire GriffithsCommercial Director, Vina Cono Sur
- “It's one of the great international awards you can get. It's similar to an Oscar, if you like.”Lenz MoserWinemaker, Yantai Changyu Pioneer Company
- “Because of the number of international judges that are tasting the wines and the number of wines that are being entered, it’s a great privilege for us to receive this award. The history of the competition, the standing that it has amongst the international wine world and certainly amongst one’s peers, to be able to get an award at the IWSC means a lot. There are a lot of competitions around the world – this probably represents the top award you could get as a winemaker.”Gary & Kathy JordanWinemakers, Jordan Wine Estate
- “It’s a great honour to win especially as nowadays people are focusing on the quality not just the numbers, so it does mean a huge amount getting recognition from an institution as well sought after as the IWSC.”Chris BlandyOwner, Blandy's Wines
- “This will be a recognition that will help in building the brand further, and building its prestige around the world.”Victor FuentesDirector General, El Coto de Rioja S.A
- “The IWSC is a well renowned, well looked up to standard and a symbol of premium products so it’s a great achievement to win any award.”Andrea FreeboroughCellar Master, Nederburg Wines