This policy was last updated: December 2015
What are Cookies?
IWSC tries to give the visitors to our website the best experience possible. One of the ways we achieve this is by storing small amounts of information about your visit on your computer in data files called cookies. Cookies don't identify you personally, but help our website remember details about your visit enabling us to provide better services for you. They cannot carry viruses or install malware on your machine.
You can control and delete these files as you wish. If you chose to delete cookies please be aware that some parts of the website, such as our the entry process and shoppoing cart, will not work properly. You can find out more about cookies and how to remove them at: http://aboutcookies.org
IWSC use several cookies throughout our site. For clarity we'll run through each cookie we set, what reasons we have for setting them and how long they last for.
Measuring Website Usage (via Google Analytics)
We measure how people visit the site to improve the experience for our visitors as part of an ongoing process. We use Google Analytics to do this, and Analytics keeps track of what pages you visit, how long you stay on each section of the site and what links you click on. Google Analytics does not store any personal details about you and we do not allow Google to share or use any analytics data gathered.
Google Analytics sets the following cookies in order to measure this.
|Cookie Name||Typical Content||Description||Expires in:|
|_utma||a random number||Minimally Intrusive. Used for Google web metrics||2 years|
|_utmb||a random number||Minimally Intrusive. Used for Google web metrics||30 minutes|
|_utmc||a random number||Minimally Intrusive. Used for Google web metrics||when you close your browser|
|_utmx||a random number||Minimally Intrusive. Used for Google web metrics||2 years|
Remembering Your Session
To remember your details when you fill in our contact form we save details of your visit as a session on our server.
To keep track of your unique session we set the identifying number in a cookie. Without this cookie this website would not work efficiently.
|Cookie Name||Typical Content||Description||Expires in:|
|iwsc_PHPSESSION||a random number||Exempt from updated privacy regulations. Required by this site's content management system to operate||When you close the browser|
|affiliate||a number||Minimally Intrusive. Used to remember that you have come from a link that was given out by our affliate. Your account will be logged with this affiliate code||1 year|
Flavours of New Zealand 2019
Etc Venues County Hall Belvedere Rd London SE1 7PBAdd to Calendar
Wine Paris 2019
Paris Expo Porte de Versailles - Halls 4 and 7.1 1 Place de la Porte de Versailles 75015 Paris - FranceAdd to Calendar
Wines of Portugal Grand Tasting 2019
Lindley Hall Everton Street London SW1P 2QWAdd to Calendar
Düsseldorf, GermanyAdd to Calendar
- “As a start-up brand you focus hard on achieving credibility and creating awareness. Winning Gold Outstanding and the Mezcal Trophy provided us with a level of credibility and exposure that we simply could not have achieved on our own. The awards helped secure key listings in Harvery Nichols and Selfridges and certainly played a significant part in opening up dialogue with potential U.S importers and ultimately securing one. I thought hard about which competition to enter and what the return on that investment would be. I can say with absolute confidence that the IWSC was worth every penny.”David ShepherdFounder & Director, Corte Vetusto
- “IWSC is a very important competition to us in terms of showing consumers our quality. It's one of the competitions that we definitely enter on a yearly basis.”Ian ChangMaster Blender, Kavalan Distillery
- “Out of all of the awards, the IWSC is probably the most prestigious and most honest awards. You choose your judges very well and they're very good, honest, decent people. They do it for the love of the industry.”Sukhinder SinghMD, The Whisky Exchange
- “The IWSC is a very prestigious competition. The prestige is a great thing to be able to communicate to our customers who have great respect for it.”David PorterOperations & Buying, Lea & Sandeman
- “The IWSC represents everything, without a doubt. There's no better competition in the world where you can judge yourself not just against your countrymen but against the rest of the world.”Andy AndersonWinemaker, Takapoto Estate
- “Fantastic company and fantastic award . . . In the wine industry, having an award like this is such an accolade.”Claire GriffithsCommercial Director, Vina Cono Sur
- “It's one of the greatest international awards you can get. It's similar to an Oscar, if you like.”Lenz MoserWinemaker, Yantai Changyu Pioneer Company
- “Because of the number of international judges that are tasting the wines and the number of wines that are being entered, it’s a great privilege for us to receive this award. The history of the competition, the standing that it has amongst the international wine world and certainly amongst one’s peers, to be able to get an award at the IWSC means a lot. There are a lot of competitions around the world – this probably represents the top award you could get as a winemaker.”Gary & Kathy JordanWinemakers, Jordan Wine Estate
- “It’s a great honour to win especially as nowadays people are focusing on the quality not just the numbers, so it does mean a huge amount getting recognition from an institution as well sought after as the IWSC.”Chris BlandyOwner, Blandy's Wines
- “This will be a recognition that will help in building the brand further, and building its prestige around the world.”Victor FuentesDirector General, El Coto de Rioja S.A
- “The IWSC is a well renowned, well looked up to standard and a symbol of premium products so it’s a great achievement to win any award.”Andrea FreeboroughCellar Master, Nederburg Wines