IWSC releases the coveted shortlists for the 2015 Trophy Awards
Today (Oct 6th) sees the International Wine and Spirit Competition (IWSC) announce the shortlist for the 2015 Trophy Awards.
For a full update on nominees and selected candidates for the awards, that celebrate exceptional achievements and contributions to the world of wine and spirts, please visit www.iwsc.net .
The Retail Award category shortlists announced today are: Retail Wine Buyer of the Year, Online Retailer of the Year, Independent Retailer of the Year and Retail Spirits Buyer of the Year. These awards recognise excellence in retailing across various channels, both online and in store and recognising both wines and spirits. The coveted Retailer of the Year shortlist is to be announced later this month.
The shortlists announced today for the IWSC People Awards include: Outstanding Achievement in Scotch Whisky, Blogger of the Year, and The Julian Brind Memorial Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Wine Industry.
Sponsored by Waitrose, the Outstanding Achievement in the Wine Industry was created in 2012 to highlight an individual who demonstrates exceptional contribution to increasing awareness of wine and spirits. Last year the prestigious trophy was won by former Selfridges beer, wine and spirit buyer, now head buyer at Speciality Drinks, Dawn Davies.
This year’s shortlist of candidates for the award are Michael & Charlotte Sager Wilde (owners of wine bar Sager + Wilde), Justin Howard-Sneyd MW (founder of The Hive Wine Consulting Ltd), Gavin Monery (winemaker at London Cru), Stephen Cronk (founder of Mirabeau en Provence) and Nikhil Agarwall (sommelier & director of All Things Nice).
The shortlists for Wine Importer of the Year and Spirits Distributor of the Year have also been announced. Seckford Agencies, Awin Barratt Siegel, El Wines, Castelnau Wine Agencies and New Generation Wines have all made the shortlist for the 2015 Wine Importer of the Year. The Spirits Distributor of the Year shortlist features 2014 winners Maverick Drinks alongside Emporia Brands, Quintessential Brands and Quality Spirits International.
All winners will be announced at the IWSC Awards Banquet and winner’s gold medal tasting, at London’s Guildhall on 26th November 2015. To book tickets for the awards dinner, contact Pip Mortimer at email@example.com or call +44(0)1483 548963.
For further information or images, please contact Cecilia Hocking at touch PR on 020 8544 6900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Full list of shortlists announced: Blogger of the Year Shortlist
Matt Walls - Matt Walls Wine Blog
Paul Keers & Carl Jennings for Sediment Blog
Jim Budd for Jim's Loire
The Julian Brind Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Wine Industry Shortlist
Michael & Charlotte Sager Wilde
Justin Howard-Sneyd MW
Outstanding Achievement in Scotch Whisky Award Shortlist
Online Retailer of the Year Shortlist
The Whisky Exchange
Master of Malt
The New Zealand Cellar
Lea and Sandeman
Independent Retailer of the Year Shortlist
South Downs Cellars
Christopher Piper Wines Ltd
Direct Wine Shipments
The Whisky Exchange
Wine Buyer of the Year Shortlist
Marks & Spencer
Spirits Buyer of the Year Shortlist
Wine Importer of the Year Shortlist
Awin Barratt Siegel
Castelnau Wine Agencies
New Generation Wines
Spirits Distributor of the Year Shortlist
Emporia Brands Ltd
Quintessential Brands (Essential Drinks)
Quality Spirits International
Notes to editors
· Established in 1969, The International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC) was the first competition of its kind, set up to seek out, reward and promote the world’s best wines, spirits and liqueurs. Now in its 46th year, The IWSC’s relentless pursuit of excellence underpins every aspect of the competition today
· What sets the IWSC apart is the formidable reputation of its judging process. Our panels of carefully selected industry experts comprise Masters of Wine, buyers, sommeliers, WSET qualified educators and respected wine journalists. Every single wine is assessed on its own merits within the context of its class
· Currently receiving entries from around 90 countries, the IWSC is truly international in its reach and recognition
· IWSC partners around the world work throughout the year to drive awareness and promote winners to both trade and consumer audiences
· With 46 years heritage, an IWSC Award is recognised internationally as a badge of quality
· For the full list of shortlisted people & companies or for more information, visit: www.iwsc.net