Mon 19 Dec 2016
Early Bird Sale - 10% off !The IWSC are pleased to announce we are now accepting entries to next year's competition!
As an extra incentive and to help with your January blues, we are offering 10% off all entries from now until 31st January 2017! To take advantage of the early- bird sale all you need to do is complete your registration and payment by January 31st. The discount will be automatically applied to your transaction for the entire month.
This offer is applicable to products from any country, and does not apply to shipping costs.
The IWSC are also excited to announce two new awards for 2017!
To accompany our Gin & Tonic, and Vodka & Tonic awards to the Spirits Mixers category, we have now added the Whisky/ Whiskey & Ginger award and the Rum & Coke award. Whisky/ Whiskey or Rum products entered into the competition can also be entered into the Spirits Mixers category.
A judging panel will assess each to see how well it pairs with ginger ale. The mix will comprise of 1 part Whisky/ Whiskey to 3 parts ginger ale or one part rum to 3 parts cola served in a highball glass. No ice or garnish is used.
True to IWSC standards, the judging will be completely blind so judges never see a bottle.
- “When we win those trophies, people around the world listen. They are serious awards. The opportunity to sell more expensive wines with more personality in independents and the on-trade has never been greater.”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President
- “It’s a great honour to win especially as nowadays people are focusing on the quality not just the numbers, so it does mean a huge amount getting recognition from an institution as well sought after as the IWSC.”Chris BlandyOwner, Blandy's Wines
- “This will be a recognition that will help in building the brand further, and building its prestige around the world.”Victor FuentesDirector General, El Coto de Rioja S.A
- “The IWSC is a well renowned, well looked up to standard and a symbol of premium products so it’s a great achievement to win any award.”Andrea FreeboroughCellar Master, Nederburg Wines
- “The competition and the way it’s judged is outstanding. The wines go through the ringer so if you win any medal you should be very happy. The banquet night is something that all wine makers from around the world want to attend, so to come here is fantastic!”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President