IWSC to announce first 2018 results at London Wine Fair
Hundreds of northern hemisphere wine producers will be awarded with some of the highest accolades of the wine industry at London Wine Fair next week, as the IWSC announces its first series of results from the 2018 competition.
Results for wines entered from Europe (excluding Italy and France), Russia, the United States, Canada, Asia (excluding China), and Africa (excluding South Africa) will be released online at 10am on Monday 21 May, the first day of the fair.
These results will be the first announced by the IWSC this year, with producers receiving gold outstanding, gold, silver outstanding, silver, and bronze medals for their entries. Result announcements for Italy and France, as well as northern hemisphere trophies, will follow a month later on 18 June, with southern hemisphere countries in September and October.
Entrants will be able to check their results online at the IWSC stand E40 at the London Wine Fair (E40), where a dedicated laptop will be available.
As well as releasing results, the IWSC will also be presenting a host of activities on its stand. Highlights include:
- “Wines for not your ordinary Joe?” with Joe Fattorini and Joe Wadsack
- The Natural Wine Debate with Neil McGuigan and Doug Wregg
- Ice Ice Maybe: The Canadian Wine Experience with Michelle Cherutti-Kowal MW
- Home Grown Fizz: 2018 award-winning English bubbles with Susy Atkins
- The Global Gin Experience with David T Smith
- Press conference: IWSC general manager Adam Lechmere announces plans for Club Oenologique, the IWSC’s high-end consumer wine and spirit club
Wine Paris 2019
Paris Expo Porte de Versailles - Halls 4 and 7.1 1 Place de la Porte de Versailles 75015 Paris - FranceAdd to Calendar
Wines of Portugal Grand Tasting 2019
Lindley Hall Everton Street London SW1P 2QWAdd to Calendar
Düsseldorf, GermanyAdd to Calendar
Verona – Veronafiere, viale del Lavoro 8Add to Calendar
- “It's one of the most prestigious awards that we've ever won and we're the first English winery to have ever won this award so we're shocked, stunned but absolutely delighted.”Tamara RobertsCEO, Ridgeview Wine Estate
- “The IWSC is something that I've worked around and respected for a long time, so it's a real privilege to see the IWSC recognising what we do.”Tom SandhamCo-founder, Thinking Drinkers
- “Vivino is one of the biggest innovators in the current wine industry, and the IWSC is a prestigious wine awards, so it felt like a natural fit that we should award wineries that go above and beyond.”Paul JonesUK Country Manager, Vivino