IWSC announces mixer producer Double Dutch as official sponsor of the Independent Spirits Retailer of the Year award
- Award-winning Double Dutch produces premium flavoured mixers
- Independent Spirits Retailer of the Year recognises the key role played by independent merchants in their local community
August 2018: Double Dutch, producer of award-winning premium tonics and mixers, has been announced as an official sponsor of the International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC).
Founded by Dutch twins Joyce and Raissa de Haas, Double Dutch creates tonics and mixers that focus on flavour pairing, developing unique recipes that present unexpected and creative combinations. Each tonic is made with 100% natural ingredients, using no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, resulting in a range of versatile mixers that work with every kind of spirit.
The company will be sponsoring the IWSC Independent Spirits Retailer of the Year award, which recognises and rewards the key role played by independent merchants in their local community, as well as encouraging the understanding and sales of quality spirits. Last year it was awarded to London-based specialist drink retailer The Whisky Exchange.
Entries are judged based on the quality of the retailer’s range, service, and display – including value added, promotional events and tastings, and digital and social presence.
As well as sponsoring the award, Double Dutch will be hosting a pop-up tonic bar at the IWSC Awards Banquet in London on 14th November, giving guests and winners the opportunity to try IWSC award-winning spirits paired with a variety of flavourful mixers.
Raissa de Haas, Co-Founder of Double Dutch said, “We were thrilled when we were offered the opportunity to work with the IWSC. We have followed the work of the competition for many years as it has established itself as one for the leading bodies within the drinks industry. We are delighted to work in partnership with such an established organisation and to introduce our brand to all of its members.”
IWSC general manager, Adam Lechmere said, “We’re delighted to welcome Double Dutch as one of our major sponsors.The mixer category is second only to gin in terms of excitement and innovation – barely a day goes by without a new tonic coming on the market, so it’s a very crowded scene indeed. And in that market, the de Haas sisters stand out for their scintillating flavour combinations and their attention to quality and innovation. We are very proud to be in their company.”
Wine Paris 2019
Paris Expo Porte de Versailles - Halls 4 and 7.1 1 Place de la Porte de Versailles 75015 Paris - FranceAdd to Calendar
Wines of Portugal Grand Tasting 2019
Lindley Hall Everton Street London SW1P 2QWAdd to Calendar
Düsseldorf, GermanyAdd to Calendar
Verona – Veronafiere, viale del Lavoro 8Add to Calendar
- “It's one of the most prestigious awards that we've ever won and we're the first English winery to have ever won this award so we're shocked, stunned but absolutely delighted.”Tamara RobertsCEO, Ridgeview Wine Estate
- “The IWSC is something that I've worked around and respected for a long time, so it's a real privilege to see the IWSC recognising what we do.”Tom SandhamCo-founder, Thinking Drinkers
- “Vivino is one of the biggest innovators in the current wine industry, and the IWSC is a prestigious wine awards, so it felt like a natural fit that we should award wineries that go above and beyond.”Paul JonesUK Country Manager, Vivino