Australia Day Tasting 2018
- Data: Ter 23 Jan 2018
- Localização: B1, Southampton Row, WC1B 4DA, London
The Australia Day Tasting is the largest annual trade tasting of Australian wine outside Australia - and it keeps on growing.
- Over 1000 wines on show
- Master classes on Margaret River Chardonnay and McLaren Vale
- Seminar on the 'pepper' compound rotundone in Shiraz by The Australian Wine Research Institute
- Two Focus Rooms: 60 Gold Medal Winning Wines from DWWA, IWC and IWSC and The Top 50 Aussie Wines as chosen by independent wine merchants
- Focus Table featuring classic and iconic Australian wines
- Producers in market and producers seeking distribution
- Brickwood Coffee & Bread will be running an Aussie pop-up café
Download the ADT 2018 London tasting booklet >
With a geographical size similar to Europe and distinct climates, soils and terroirs, it’s no surprise that Australia boasts an array of wine styles, flavours and grape varieties.
To help you explore the diversity of Australian wine, there will be over 1000 wines across this three city roadshow. Join us to taste wines with freshness and elegance, the classics as well as alternative varieties, organic and natural wines, and those showing innovative and experimental winemaking.
This is also your opportunity to meet the people behind the wines. A number of winemakers and winery owners will be flying over from Australia to pour their wines and share their stories.
The tasting is enhanced by themed focus tables and master classes, ensuring that you have a full and exciting day of immersion into Australian wine.
You are also invited to attend one of our three master classes, led by industry experts and winery principals. These offer an opportunity to taste a diverse range of wines and gain insight into Australia’s unique styles and regions.
Strictly one master class space per person - please choose carefully which one you would like to attend.
- 11am – 12noon Margaret River Chardonnay
- 1pm – 2pm Australian Shiraz: Pepper and Provenance
- 3pm – 4pm McLaren Vale Shiraz: exploring sub-regionality
We are also delighted to welcome back our friends at Brickwood Coffee & Bread. They’ll be running an Australian pop-up café within the ADT with a selection of tasty, unique Australian treats.
Please note that this is a trade tasting and is strictly limited to wine trade and media only. You may be required to provide proof of your profession in order to gain entry.
Free to attend, drinks trade and media only.