The IWSC unveils shortlist for Spirits Communicator of the YearLondon, 9th August 2017: Ahead of the International Wine & Spirit Competition’s Annual Awards Banquet, the much-anticipated shortlist for the Spirits Communicator of the Year Award, sponsored by Chivas Brothers, has been announced. Made up of five renowned industry experts, this crème-de-la-crème of the spirits world have a collective 77 years under their belts of educating the public in their favourite subject matter.
The winner will be announced at the Annual Awards Banquet on the 15th November, and this year’s shortlisted individuals are as follows:
- Neil Ridley & Joel Harrison – Renowned drinks writers and commentators, best-known for their unwavering passion for fine spirits and cocktails
- Dave Broom – 12-time revered spirits author, journalist and educator. Lover of all spirits, with a particular penchant for whisky thanks to his staunch Glaswegian roots
- Olivier Ward – Gin aficionado, and co-founder of Gin Foundry – a compendium of gin information and commentary. Well-recognised as the resident gin expert on popular Channel 4 programme, Sunday Brunch
- Amanda Victoria – Described as ‘the face of elegant drinking’, with a background in bartending and a revivalist of the aperitif. Communications Director at The Scotch Malt Whisky Society and founder of popular drinks blog, Aperitif Hour
Click here to read the entire article.
Wine Paris 2019
Paris Expo Porte de Versailles - Halls 4 and 7.1 1 Place de la Porte de Versailles 75015 Paris - FranceAdd to Calendar
Wines of Portugal Grand Tasting 2019
Lindley Hall Everton Street London SW1P 2QWAdd to Calendar
Düsseldorf, GermanyAdd to Calendar
Verona – Veronafiere, viale del Lavoro 8Add to Calendar
- “It's one of the most prestigious awards that we've ever won and we're the first English winery to have ever won this award so we're shocked, stunned but absolutely delighted.”Tamara RobertsCEO, Ridgeview Wine Estate
- “The IWSC is something that I've worked around and respected for a long time, so it's a real privilege to see the IWSC recognising what we do.”Tom SandhamCo-founder, Thinking Drinkers
- “Vivino is one of the biggest innovators in the current wine industry, and the IWSC is a prestigious wine awards, so it felt like a natural fit that we should award wineries that go above and beyond.”Paul JonesUK Country Manager, Vivino