JIANGXIAOBAI announced as key sponsor of IWSC 2018
Leading Chinese baijiu brand JIANGXIAOBAI has been announced as a key sponsor of the International Wine & Spirit Competition this year.
Established in 2012, JIANGXIAOBAI is one of the youngest Chinese baijiu brands. Its top mission, “The Renaissance of Old Flavor” aims to bring China’s supposedly ‘out of date’ national drink back to a young consumer audience by steering baijiu in a modern, international direction.
The brand motto, “I am JIANGXIAOBAI, Life is Simple”, advocates an anti-luxury product and corporate concept of simple packaging with premium distilled liqueur. The baijiu itself is smooth, light and pure, differentiating it from most traditional Chinese baijiu brands – which tend to have a spicier taste – and making the drink more accessible to a younger audience. The company’s leading product JOYOUTH won a Silver medal in the IWSC 2017.
JIANGXIAOBAI also takes a leading role in consumer engagement, with events promoting youth culture including a hip hop music festival YOLO, international street dance competition JIANGXIAOBAI Just Battle, and the JIANGXIAOBAI Graffiti Street Art Festival.
Guests at this year’s IWSC Awards Banquet will have the opportunity to taste this fashionable spirit; there will be a dedicated JIANGXIAOBAI table in the spirits tasting section, where guests will be able to discover the different baijiu products available from the brand.
Flavours of New Zealand 2019
Etc Venues County Hall Belvedere Rd London SE1 7PBAdd to Calendar
Wine Paris 2019
Paris Expo Porte de Versailles - Halls 4 and 7.1 1 Place de la Porte de Versailles 75015 Paris - FranceAdd to Calendar
Wines of Portugal Grand Tasting 2019
Lindley Hall Everton Street London SW1P 2QWAdd to Calendar
Düsseldorf, GermanyAdd to Calendar
- “As a start-up brand you focus hard on achieving credibility and creating awareness. Winning Gold Outstanding and the Mezcal Trophy provided us with a level of credibility and exposure that we simply could not have achieved on our own. The awards helped secure key listings in Harvery Nichols and Selfridges and certainly played a significant part in opening up dialogue with potential U.S importers and ultimately securing one. I thought hard about which competition to enter and what the return on that investment would be. I can say with absolute confidence that the IWSC was worth every penny.”David ShepherdFounder & Director, Corte Vetusto
- “IWSC is a very important competition to us in terms of showing consumers our quality. It's one of the competitions that we definitely enter on a yearly basis.”Ian ChangMaster Blender, Kavalan Distillery
- “Out of all of the awards, the IWSC is probably the most prestigious and most honest awards. You choose your judges very well and they're very good, honest, decent people. They do it for the love of the industry.”Sukhinder SinghMD, The Whisky Exchange
- “The IWSC is a very prestigious competition. The prestige is a great thing to be able to communicate to our customers who have great respect for it.”David PorterOperations & Buying, Lea & Sandeman
- “The IWSC represents everything, without a doubt. There's no better competition in the world where you can judge yourself not just against your countrymen but against the rest of the world.”Andy AndersonWinemaker, Takapoto Estate
- “Fantastic company and fantastic award . . . In the wine industry, having an award like this is such an accolade.”Claire GriffithsCommercial Director, Vina Cono Sur
- “It's one of the greatest international awards you can get. It's similar to an Oscar, if you like.”Lenz MoserWinemaker, Yantai Changyu Pioneer Company
- “Because of the number of international judges that are tasting the wines and the number of wines that are being entered, it’s a great privilege for us to receive this award. The history of the competition, the standing that it has amongst the international wine world and certainly amongst one’s peers, to be able to get an award at the IWSC means a lot. There are a lot of competitions around the world – this probably represents the top award you could get as a winemaker.”Gary & Kathy JordanWinemakers, Jordan Wine Estate
- “It’s a great honour to win especially as nowadays people are focusing on the quality not just the numbers, so it does mean a huge amount getting recognition from an institution as well sought after as the IWSC.”Chris BlandyOwner, Blandy's Wines
- “This will be a recognition that will help in building the brand further, and building its prestige around the world.”Victor FuentesDirector General, El Coto de Rioja S.A
- “The IWSC is a well renowned, well looked up to standard and a symbol of premium products so it’s a great achievement to win any award.”Andrea FreeboroughCellar Master, Nederburg Wines