IWSC 2017 DeadlinesThe deadlines for the 2017 International Wine & Spirit Competition are now announced. You will be able to find them below and save the date on your calendar as a reminder.
Please note that the Competition will be opening in January but you can register now and create an account to enter your products later.
What are Hellman or Partners consolidation dates? These dates are when entries for participating countries need to arrive at the offices of our shipping partners, Hellmann Beverage Logistics or equivalent. Please do not send samples without contacting your local office.
What does 'Deadline Date for receiving into the competition' mean? It is when entries need to arrive at the Competition's Cellars, if not being sent via a partner.
*Judging takes place in Paarl, please send products already in South Africa directly to the Grande Roche Hotel
- “When we win those trophies, people around the world listen. They are serious awards. The opportunity to sell more expensive wines with more personality in independents and the on-trade has never been greater.”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President
- “It’s a great honour to win especially as nowadays people are focusing on the quality not just the numbers, so it does mean a huge amount getting recognition from an institution as well sought after as the IWSC.”Chris BlandyOwner, Brandy's Wines
- “This will be a recognition that will help in building the brand further, and building its prestige around the world.”Victor FuentesDirector General, El Coto de Rioja S.A
- “The IWSC is a well renowned, well looked up to standard and a symbol of premium products so it’s a great achievement to win any award.”Andrea FreeboroughCellar Master, Nederburg Wines
- “The competition and the way it’s judged is outstanding. The wines go through the ringer so if you win any medal you should be very happy. The banquet night is something that all wine makers from around the world want to attend, so to come here is fantastic!”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President