Amazon announced as official IWSC sponsor
Amazon throws its weight behind the IWSC as the official sponsor of the Winemaker of the Year Trophy, which will be announced at the 48th IWSC Awards Banquet on Wednesday 15 November
The International Wine and Spirit Competition has announced that Amazon is the official sponsor of the Winemaker of the Year trophy, which will be announced at the 48th IWSC Awards Banquet at the Guildhall in London on Wednesday (15th November).
Winemaker of the Year is awarded to the winemaker whose entries achieved the highest competition results at the IWSC. The roll-call of winners since the inauguration of the award in 1984 includes winemakers of international renown, from four-times winner Neil McGuigan of Australia’s McGuigan Wines, to Regis Camus of Champagne Piper-Heidsieck, Ed Sbragia of Beringer, John Duval of Penfolds and many more.
Amazon.co.uk offers millions of products as well as buying guides, customer reviews and fast delivery. Whether you are looking for a selection of wines for a dinner party or a limited-edition bottle of champagne for a gift, you’ll find everything you need at Amazon.co.uk, from top brands as well as small, specialist producers. Explore the Beer, Wine & Spirits Store at Amazon.co.uk/bws for the very best red, white, rosé, dessert and sparkling wines, as well as beers from around the world, real ales, ciders and stout, whisky (and whiskey), brandy, vodka, tequila, rum, gin and much more.
The International Wine and Spirit Competition (IWSC) seeks to award excellence to the finest wines and spirits worldwide, encouraging recognition for quality products. Competition entries come from 90 countries worldwide, and are judged by over 400 global experts in the IWSC’s dedicated tasting premises. The year-long campaign culminates in the IWSC’s Awards Banquet, where the trophy winners are unveiled.
The 48th IWSC Awards Banquet will be held on Wednesday 15 November 2017 at the Guildhall in the City of London. This year for the first time, the Banquet will be livestreamed on Facebook. The livestream is scheduled to begin at 8:15pm GMT on Wednesday 15 November; users can be notified when it begins by liking the IWSC Facebook page. The timetable for the evening can also be downloaded here.
- “When we win those trophies, people around the world listen. They are serious awards. The opportunity to sell more expensive wines with more personality in independents and the on-trade has never been greater.”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President
- “It’s a great honour to win especially as nowadays people are focusing on the quality not just the numbers, so it does mean a huge amount getting recognition from an institution as well sought after as the IWSC.”Chris BlandyOwner, Blandy's Wines
- “This will be a recognition that will help in building the brand further, and building its prestige around the world.”Victor FuentesDirector General, El Coto de Rioja S.A
- “The IWSC is a well renowned, well looked up to standard and a symbol of premium products so it’s a great achievement to win any award.”Andrea FreeboroughCellar Master, Nederburg Wines
- “The competition and the way it’s judged is outstanding. The wines go through the ringer so if you win any medal you should be very happy. The banquet night is something that all wine makers from around the world want to attend, so to come here is fantastic!”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President