he International Wine and Spirit Competition
Results Announcement and Tastings at the 2014 London Wine Fair
The International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC), has announced its tasting schedule for this year’s London Wine Fair. Now in its 34th year, the event held at Olympia London will run from 2nd - 4th June and will host a variety of exhibitors, with an array of wines to explore.
The IWSC will be located at stand T40, where guests will have the chance to take part in one of the many tastings taking place across the three days (places are on a first come first served basis). Tastings will be hosted by renowned wine industry names; IWSC General Manger Ewan Lacey; BBC1’s Saturday Kitchen and this year’s IWSC Communicator of the Year Jane Parkinson; National wine columnists Fiona Beckett and Susy Atkins; TV wine expert Joe Wadsack, IWSC President Elect nominee Neil McGuigan and Bodega Catena Zapata - winery of this year’s IWSC President and fourth generation Argentine vintner Laura Catena.
The IWSC will also be announcing its 2014 Northern Hemisphere Wine results on Monday 2nd June. IWSC General Manager, Ewan Lacey commented, “We are delighted to be part of this year’s London Wine Fair, we have some top industry names hosting tastings and it looks set to be a great few days. Monday is going to be an especially exciting day, as we will also be announcing the 2014 Northern Hemisphere results.”
Monday 2nd June
11am – Very first tasting of the 2014 Gold Medal Winners
2pm – High Altitude in Mendoza with Bodega Catena Zapata (Laura Catena, 2014 IWSC President)
3:45pm – Discover Okanagan – Mission Hill Wines with IWSC General Manager, Ewan Lacey
Tuesday 3rd June
11am – A Taste of Rioja with Fiona Beckett
2:30pm – Join President Elect, Neil McGuigan for a unique vertical tasting of Sémillon
3:45pm – Sherry: delicious and diverse with IWSC Communicator of the Year, Jane Parkinson
Wednesday 4th June
11am – Let the bubbles flow with Susy Atkins
2pm – Food & Wine Matching with Joe Wadsack
3:45pm – Vini del Trentino uncovers the regions’s top wines
Enter the 2014 International Wine & Spirit Competition online at www.iwsc.net Northern Hemisphere results available online from 2nd June
Notes to editors:
For more information please contact Lianne Walsh at Green Row, email@example.com
International Wine & Spirit Competition
· The International Wine and Spirit Competition was founded in 1969 and is the premier competition of its kind in the world. Its aim is to promote the quality and excellence of the world's best wines, spirits and liqueurs. All entries are blind tasted in groups divided by variety, region and vintage as necessary.
· IWSC has appointed Laura Catena as the 2014 president.
· The 2014 Annual Awards Banquet will be held on Wednesday 12th November, at The Guild Hall, City of London.
· Entries already received will be stored at optimum temperature.
· The IWSC has permanent cellars in Surrey, allowing a certain degree of flexibility with the seven month schedule.
London Wine Fair 2014
2 – 4 June, London Olympia