Created over 80 years ago, the Bloody Mary embodies the style and glamour of Prohibition Era USA, and the great Gatsby favourite is now enjoying a well-earned revival. To celebrate this unique and timeless cocktail, The International Wine and Spirit Competition (IWSC) has launched its inaugural Bloody Mary competition to bring you the world’s best serve.
Having rigorously sifted through vodka contenders and Bloody Mary variations a-plenty in search of the winner (well someone’s got to), the IWSC bring you the planet’s official best Bloody Mary.
The winning serve is made with German vodka, Vodrock, which is created using the finest organic ingredients and a particularly slow filtration to produce a pure, mild vodka with hints of buffalo grass and lemon.
An award winning vodka deserves a remarkable partner in pleasure, which is why the IWSC has paired up with leading tomato juice, Big Tom: The world renowned mix is blended with over 20 different herbs and spices for a fresh and tasty kick.
Here’s how to impress your friends, partner (or just treat yourself) with this rich and tasty throwback hero and brunch time classic.
· Double shot of Vodrock vodka
· 150ml of Big Tom spiced tomato juice
· ½ lemon, juice only
· 6 dashes Worcestershire sauce
· 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
· Salt and pepper (to taste)
· 1 Lime Wheel
· 2 thin slices of cucumber
· Basil leaf
· Small piece of lemon zest
· Fill a tall glass with ice
· Pour in the Vodrock vodka
· Stir in the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and Big Tom tomato juice
· Season to taste
· Garnish with Lime Wheel, two thin slices of cucumber, a basil leaf and a small piece of lemon zest
For further information or images, please contact Cecilia Hocking or Chloe Rowley at touch PR on 020 8544 6900 or firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com
Notes to Editors
- Established in 1969, The International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC) was the first competition of its kind, set up to seek out, reward and promote the world’s best wines, spirits and liqueurs. Now in its 46th year, The IWSC’s relentless pursuit of excellence underpins every aspect of the competition today
- What sets the IWSC apart is the formidable reputation of its judging process. Our panels of carefully selected industry experts comprise Masters of Wine, buyers, sommeliers, WSET qualified educators and respected wine journalists. Every single wine is assessed on its own merits within the context of its class
- Currently receiving entries from around 90 countries, the IWSC is truly international in its reach and recognition
- IWSC partners around the world work throughout the year to drive awareness and promote winners to both trade and consumer audiences
- With 46 years heritage, an IWSC Award is recognised internationally as a badge of quality
- For the full list of Spirit winners or more information, visit: www.iwsc.net