|Start Date||Tue 9 May 2017|
|End Date||Thu 11 May 2017|
|Location||Ciudad Real, Spain|
From the organisers;
"FENAVIN is the Spanish wine industry"s most important global trade fair". This is how both the EL PAÍS newspaper, in an article in its Business supplement, and ICEX, refer to the National Wine Fair.
It is an opinion shared by Spanish wineries and cooperatives, which have supported FENAVIN as a tool for boosting the Spanish wine sector at home and abroad since it first opened its doors. The sector appreciates the efficient system used by the Fair year after year. The Fair"s management continues to work towards the same goal: Helping demand and supply to meet and do business using sensible and efficient business tools.
This system, focused on the needs of buyers, has made FENAVIN, in just eight years, into Spain"s most important wine industry trade fair and the only one offering a focused business environment. This is why, at FENAVIN 2015, 1,361 vineyards, from all over Spain, attended the event, held in seven pavilions. Almost all the Spanish Designation of Origin regions signed trade agreements at Spain"s top wine event.
- “When we win those trophies, people around the world listen. They are serious awards. The opportunity to sell more expensive wines with more personality in independents and the on-trade has never been greater.”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President
- “It’s a great honour to win especially as nowadays people are focusing on the quality not just the numbers, so it does mean a huge amount getting recognition from an institution as well sought after as the IWSC.”Chris BlandyOwner, Blandy's Wines
- “This will be a recognition that will help in building the brand further, and building its prestige around the world.”Victor FuentesDirector General, El Coto de Rioja S.A
- “The IWSC is a well renowned, well looked up to standard and a symbol of premium products so it’s a great achievement to win any award.”Andrea FreeboroughCellar Master, Nederburg Wines
- “The competition and the way it’s judged is outstanding. The wines go through the ringer so if you win any medal you should be very happy. The banquet night is something that all wine makers from around the world want to attend, so to come here is fantastic!”Neil McGuiganCEO, Australian Vintage, 2015 IWSC President