Wine Communicator Of The Year 2019 nominations
|Nominations open||10th December 2018 - 14th January 2019|
Potential Wine Communicators must work in one or more of the following:
- Publishing (books, reviews, biographies and autobiographies
- Journalism (specialist press, special feature collections, newspaper, magazine and digest articles)
- Broadcasting, Radio, television and film (writing, presenting, producing and directing)
- Online (social media, blogging, website)
- Wine consumer education
We will be collecting nominations from people all over the wine industry until the 14 January 2019. Nominees will then be sent a form asking them for more information about themselves, and why they should win. Nominees do not have to provide information, but if they do not, they cannot be considered. A panel of experts will discuss the candidates and decide on a winner.
The winner for this award will be announced at the Vinitaly gala dinner on Saturday 6 April in Verona, Italy and will be required to present a tasting on Monday 8 April at Vinitaly.
The winners prize includes an expenses paid trip to Vinitaly and attendance at the IWSC Awards Banquet on 13 November 2019.
Past winners include Tom Cannavan (pictured below), Joe Fattorini, Joe Wadsack, Tyson Stelzer, Jane Parkinson, Dave Broom & Jancis Robinson MW.
Sponsored by Vinitaly
Wine Paris 2019
Paris Expo Porte de Versailles - Halls 4 and 7.1 1 Place de la Porte de Versailles 75015 Paris - FranceAdd to Calendar
Wines of Portugal Grand Tasting 2019
Lindley Hall Everton Street London SW1P 2QWAdd to Calendar
Düsseldorf, GermanyAdd to Calendar
Verona – Veronafiere, viale del Lavoro 8Add to Calendar
- “It's one of the most prestigious awards that we've ever won and we're the first English winery to have ever won this award so we're shocked, stunned but absolutely delighted.”Tamara RobertsCEO, Ridgeview Wine Estate
- “The IWSC is something that I've worked around and respected for a long time, so it's a real privilege to see the IWSC recognising what we do.”Tom SandhamCo-founder, Thinking Drinkers
- “Vivino is one of the biggest innovators in the current wine industry, and the IWSC is a prestigious wine awards, so it felt like a natural fit that we should award wineries that go above and beyond.”Paul JonesUK Country Manager, Vivino