Spirit Communicator Of The Year Trophy 2019 nominations
|Nominations open||2nd January 2019 - 18th March 2019|
Potential Spirit Communicators must work in one or more of the following:
- Publishing (books, reviews, biographies and autobiographies
- Journalism (specialist press, special feature collections, newspaper, magazine and digest articles)
- Broadcasting - Radio, television and film (writing, presenting, producing and directing)
- Online (social media, blogging, website)
- Spirit consumer education
Potential Spirit Communicators will have probably spent many years of their professional life associated with spirits - although only their promotional work or special projects from the last year (2018) will be considered for the 2019 trophy.
We will be collecting nominations from people within the spirits industry until the 18 March 2019. Nominees will then be sent a form asking them for more information about themselves and why they should win. (Nominees do not have to provide information, but if they do not, they cannot be considered). A panel of experts in the field will discuss the candidates and decide on a winner.
The winner will be invited to the IWSC Annual Spirits Tastings at Vintners Hall, London, on 30 July 2018 and the IWSC Awards Banquet on 13 November 2019.
Previous winners include Tom Sandham (pictured below), Olivier Ward and Alice Lascelles.
Sponsored by Chivas Brothers
Wine Paris 2019
Paris Expo Porte de Versailles - Halls 4 and 7.1 1 Place de la Porte de Versailles 75015 Paris - FranceAdd to Calendar
Wines of Portugal Grand Tasting 2019
Lindley Hall Everton Street London SW1P 2QWAdd to Calendar
Düsseldorf, GermanyAdd to Calendar
Verona – Veronafiere, viale del Lavoro 8Add to Calendar
- “It's one of the most prestigious awards that we've ever won and we're the first English winery to have ever won this award so we're shocked, stunned but absolutely delighted.”Tamara RobertsCEO, Ridgeview Wine Estate
- “The IWSC is something that I've worked around and respected for a long time, so it's a real privilege to see the IWSC recognising what we do.”Tom SandhamCo-founder, Thinking Drinkers
- “Vivino is one of the biggest innovators in the current wine industry, and the IWSC is a prestigious wine awards, so it felt like a natural fit that we should award wineries that go above and beyond.”Paul JonesUK Country Manager, Vivino